Tuesday, October 16, 2012

i bet my birthday was better than yours

Let me tell you about the best birthday in the history of birthdays: 
We woke up super early {5 am early}, had breakfast, {where my friend Andrew sang happy birthday to me Frank Sinatra style}, then made our way on a four hour bus ride to Eilat. My two awesome best friends Emily and Paul bought me two diet cokes, a bag of pretzels, and a chocolate bar. Made my day that much better.

  Once there, we got to go…wait for it…snorkeling! I snorkeled on the Gulf of Aqaba in the Red Sea to kick off my twenties. No big deal. 


We got to the beach and it was perfect. The water was the ultimate shade of blue and the puffy white clouds gave a little relief from the hot sun to make the temperature just right. 
Not too hot. Not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.  
And the snorkeling was awesome! There were some colorful fish, some schools of fish, and even an octopus! And we looked super great with our snorkeling gear on.

So after hanging out on the beach, getting some sun, and being sung to by everyone, we got back on the bus and headed to this random restaurant in the middle of nowhere for dinner which consisted of chicken nuggets, French fries, and a diet coke. Honestly, it’s like they knew I was coming and knew exactly what to prepare! If you didn't know, I LOVE french fries and diet coke. Like, love them. 
  Then we got ice cream and the scooper lady gave me (only me) whip cream because it was my birthday. 

Then after getting back to the center, I had 8 birthday cards waiting for me. 8! From my aunts and sister and brother in law and grandma and of course the rents.
They're seriously the best family ever




  So you could say it was a pretty great day. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy you are so cute! I'm glad you had such a grand birthday. I caught the "Miss Congeniality" quote!! Love ya chica :)

    ReplyDelete