Tuesday, October 9, 2012

dome of the rock



Yesterday, I finally got to see
Dome of the Rock
after multiple failed tries.

But it was well worth the wait.

The temple mount is WAY bigger than I ever imagined it would be. You walk up and to see this courtyard filled with people and trees and it’s really quite beautiful. Then you walk around a little bend and there it is, Dome of the Rock. It’s a lot more spectacular in person---pictures only capture about half of its entirety
{color, largeness, intricacy of the tile…etc}





After taking some photos, trying to be all artsy and what not,
we walked to the Old City and went shopping.

That’s one of my favorite things to do here.
Just to be in the city.
To be among the locals.
To smell all the shops.
To be a part of the culture.


I don’t think I could ever get sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment