Sunday, November 11, 2012

bike rides in tel aviv

So yesterday, a bunch of us {me, Caitie, Sophie, Jed, Jordan, Lizzie, Andrew, Liddie, Rachel, Rachel, Kaylynn, & Paul} made our way to Tel Aviv. We hung out on the beach and the water just talking. Then we rented bikes and rode them along the boardwalk overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. It was honestly a delightful moment. Nothing else describes the scene or the feeling I experienced. I was alone with my thoughts, just enjoying the beautiful waves and blue sky. The sun peeked through the puffy white clouds and made for a perfect setting. This was one of my favorite things I’ve done while here in Jerusalem.



Let me back up for a sec…When we first rented bikes, there wasn’t enough for 13 of us. So we each buddied up and rode for about 5 minutes with 2 people on a bike. I rode on the back of Caitie McBride’s bike {birthday shout out} and we definitely had a bonding moment.
 

When we got to the end of the pier, we ran into this group of Nigerians who wanted to take pictures of/with us and ride our bikes. They were all dancing and having a blast. This one man came over to me and Caitie and wanted a picture. While his friend was taking one, she said “yeah take these for your wife” haha. I thought it was pretty funny.

After bike riding, we walked all around Tel Aviv as it was getting dark. We wanted to find this one famous graffiti wall but I don’t think we ever found it. Then we were all starving, or at least I was, so we went to Donald’s for dinner. Honestly, it was the best meal I’ve had so far. I had, of course, a big mac meal, and enjoyed every, single bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment