Wednesday, November 7, 2012

shepherds fields

I’m sitting here in the Shepherds fields in Jerusalem on a beautiful night. There are thin white clouds scattered across the fading pales blue sky. The sun hass set and only the shadows of Bethlehem’s buildings remain.
I’m thinking about Christ’s birth and the message He brought with Him to this world. It is marvelous to think of this miraculous and glorious birth of the man who saves us all from sin not far from here. I picture myself as a shepherd herding my flocks before darkness sets in and in the starry sky, one lone but magnificently bright and beautiful star shines above all the others. The greatest sign of them all.
Looking out at this field is exactly what I pictured Jerusalem to be like. 
Simple yet beautiful. 
Complex yet glorious. 
I can so clearly picture what it must’ve been and felt like the night of His birth. How fortunate these shepherds were to have been so close to Him, our Savior. Yet I know that I can be close to Him as well. When I read my scriptures, pray to Him, I take another step closer. By following His example, I can be that fortunate and be in His presence again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment